[Healeys] Buying parts from U.K.

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Thu Sep 5 12:50:03 MDT 2019

 As a comparison Michelin 180HR 15 XAS are $1078.65 a set of five tires from Longstone.  Shipped free, no tax.  Locally (Tempe, AZ) OnlyOldiesGarage.com sells the same tire for $221.00, but they charge Fedex shipping.  Not sure if they collect California tax either. (I'm in California)  Substantially more locally than shipped from the UK.  Go figure.Mike MacLean

    On Thursday, September 5, 2019, 10:58:31 AM PDT, 55healey at comcast.net <55healey at comcast.net> wrote:

 Hi Bob,

It’s an exception but I bought a set of 165 Michelin XZX tires for my 100 from:  https://longstonetyres.co.uk   Great price, NO tax, FREE shipping, door to door in 4 days.  It can’t get better than that.

> On Sep 5, 2019, at 10:31 AM, R F BEGANI <rfbegani at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> With the pound being a very low value against the dollar buying parts from the U.K. Would be lower priced. However, what are the shipping expenses?  They could wipe out any savings.
>
> Bob Begani

Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Healeys at autox.team.net