[Healeys] accident

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Mon Oct 21 21:55:32 MDT 2019

My memory tells me that it is not Bakelite, which is an early form of
plastic. I recall reading that it was a compression of sawdust and other
things.

I have successfully sanded one back and sparingly used India Ink which is
allowed to dry followed by black shoe polish in many applications. The
original finish is not entirely smooth nor full gloss as you would get from
paint.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia