[Healeys] Fwd: Down pipes

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Thu Oct 17 22:23:59 MDT 2019

The rubber mounts shouldn't cause a problem, but the flexible sections of the down pipes may have become too stiff to flex, in which case the relative motion of the engine to the chassis may be transmitted to the down pipe flanges.

Also remember that heating the steel fasteners will tend to draw out the temper making them easier to stretch. If they have loosened before then they may have begun to stretch when you torqued them.

Bill Lawrence
BN1 #554