[Healeys] Intake to Exhaust Manifold Gasket

Harold Manifold manifold at telus.net
Sun Nov 17 13:04:34 MST 2019

Hello,

I need the advise of this esteemed forum once again.I was dry fitting the
exhaust and intake manifold and noted the holes didn't line up properly on
the head side. I used washers as shims until the holes lined up and ended up
with a 0.171" gap between the two manifolds. See the pictures. The Moss
gasket I have (021-429) is 0.047" thick. It would require 3-4 gaskets to
properly fill the gap. Is there another gasket that is thicker? The BMC part
number for the gasket is AEC950. I seem to remember the original gasket was
thicker but it got destroyed during disassembly. Is this a case of switching
to a non-asbestos modern gasket material?

One solution is to use multiple gaskets. Is there a better solution? Car is
a 1960 BT7 Mk1 2 Carb.

Thanks ... Harold