[Healeys] Kenlowe

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Nov 12 06:50:59 MST 2019

If the fan is a pusher in front of the radiator the hollow side of the
blades will be towards the radiator, if it is a puller (preferred)
behind the radiator the hollow side is towards the engine. To make room
for the puller fan you usually have to remove the fixed fan, depending
on the design (thickness) of the fan assembly. Direction of rotation can
be changed by changing over the two wires on the fan. In some cases the
fan can be reversed on the spindle to make it both puller and pusher.

Fan blades are often not symmetrically distributed on the hub to prevent
resonances and thus noise.

Kees Oudesluijs