[Healeys] Camgear identification

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Thu May 30 02:05:32 MDT 2019

Sent this before. Perhaps the attachments were too big. Smaller now, though
hopefully adequate...

I've a question for the engine experts. Attached are 3 pics.

"Camgear 1" & "Camgear 2" show the camgear that I removed from my MkII BT7
last night. A friend who was helping me setup a Vernier pointed out that it
did not look original. He said it was a "lightened steel" wheel. Note the
"4" & "6" stampings, also the 6 holes and the general appearance of being
better quality than you'd expect.

"Original Type AH", lifted off a supplier's website, shows what I think is
the original type for my car.

So, does anyone recognize mine?

I don't think it's an original that's been modified but I can't be sure.

I spoke to Denis Welch.not one of theirs. I couldn't find it at AHSpares or
SC Parts.

It's a decent looking thing & in good order. Pity to chuck it into the
attic, never to be seen again. It's been in the car during my tenure, say 25
years. Don't know about previous to that.

Simon