[Healeys] rear axle stamping

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Mon May 13 11:58:42 MDT 2019

I don't know about BN1s or other models, but some BJ8s had the rear axle serial number stamped into the driver's side axle housing -- numbers only, no prefix like BN1, BJ8, etc.  The rear axle serial number is sometimes identified on the BMIHT certificate, but not always, and some rear axles were not serialized.  I have no idea why some were and some weren't.  Mine isn't.

>From the way yours is stamped, I would say the serial number is either 1565, or simply 565.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry