[Healeys] Healey BN-1 rear

Michael Salter michael.salter at gmail.com
Fri May 10 06:15:40 MDT 2019

Hi Wayne, I have a 3.55/ 1 ratoi in the spiral bevel differential of my
early BN1. Mine is from an Austin Atlantic convertible, the fixed head used
a different ratio.
This was an available option for the BN1 and was supplied with a 140MPH
speedometer.
With the 28% overdrive it is an ideal combination for modern roads
providing 70 MPH cruising at under 3000 RPM.
I believe that Dennis Welsh have the crownwhell an pinion set available for
the 3.55/1 ratio.
It is a relatively easy installation if you are familiar with differential
assembly.