[Healeys] Corrosion on Clutch Master

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Thu May 2 21:40:14 MDT 2019

Hi Bob,
Aluminium cylinders (wheel, slave, and master, clutch and brake) have the cylinder bore hard anodized to reduce wear.
Honing any aluminium cylinder removes the hard anodizing. The aluminium is very soft on its own, and wear is dramatic. Brake fluid turns black, and it leaks.
The only way to "fix" a worn aluminium cylinder is to get it stainless steel sleeved. Then it will practically last forever.
Best
Chris