[Healeys] Car dies suddenly

skip saunders tfsbj7 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 15:41:51 MDT 2019

Many years ago, I had the exact same experience.   It turned out to be a faulty ignition key switch.   When jouncing around the weight of the key (and associated other keys) would seem to move the switch ever so slightly.   I did an autopsy on the switch….turned out to be extremely robust plastic/bakelite but very flimsy metal innards.   I replaced the switch with a GM switch (this was many many years ago….before concourse was even a thought in my head) and drove the car for another 50-60k miles….

Best Wishes

-skip-