[Healeys] For Want of a Set Screw

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Wed Mar 13 11:59:23 MDT 2019

     I am trying to avoid depleting my retirement funds completely with this restoration.  OK, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I don't like to spend money replacing something that might be an easy fix.  Take for example the panel light switch that sits at the bottom of the instrument panel of the 100.  Just a simple single pole slide switch.  Then why are they so expensive? ($44.89 from Moss)      I just happen to have an original, functional panel light switch.  Only one problem, one of the set screws for the electrical connections is missing.  Does any one have a broken switch of this type they could part with one of these brass set screws?  I am not above just using a regular brass screw with a slot head.  Who would ever see it?  In that case, does anyone know what thread size this is?  Mike MacLean

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android