[Healeys] *** SPAM ***Re: Timing light query

sentenac.rw at gmail.com sentenac.rw at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 23:07:19 MDT 2019

Polarity also matters in a different way if your timing light has a
metal case  and one of the power leads is grounded to the case, as
mine is.  If you use a 'regular' timing light designed for negative
grounds in a Healey with a positive ground system, and if you then
touch the case to the chassis or engine you will get a lot of sparks
at a minimum, and maybe do some welding where you had not intended to.

-Roland
BN1 #724