[Healeys] BJ8 Shifter install

Robert Begani rfbegani at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 07:40:17 MST 2019

Instead of working on the speedo and  angle drive problem, I installed the
tunnel with a desire to drive the car for the first time in 18 months.
Could not get the shifter springs, retaining ring and circle clip into the
shifter housing.  At any rate, I did get the shifter to work by pressing
down hard at the same time moving the stick into 1st and 2nd and with a
little more practice 3 and 4.  So after a 20 min drive around the sub
division and through and around all the cul de sacs, I took a little time
and was able to get it into the garage.  Now I can keep working on the
tunnel insulation, and other assorted items.  But, I can drive the car which
is most important.

Any ideas on how to install the Shifter without 3 hands?  Is there a special
tool?

Bob Begani