[Healeys] BJ8 tach disassembly

Michael Salter michael.salter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 13:48:01 MST 2019

Hi Tom,
What you have encountered is not uncommon. The manufacturers seemed to use
an adhesive of some sort to secure the rim and the glass in position and it
dries out and becomes very hard.
I would recommend putting the 2 small screws back in as the mechanism does
not have to come out at this stage.
You have to very gently pry the glass and inner rim, which is under the
glass to get it out.
You need to get a blade under the edge of the inner rim to avoid chipping
the glass.
As I recall there is a slot in the case that you can use as a starting
point.
Take your time and gently work away at it ... it will move eventually.