[Healeys] Rear End Squeaks

Roger Grace roggrace at telus.net
Fri Jun 28 14:54:26 MDT 2019

'67 BJ8Wondering what the more experienced listers advocate to stop the squeeks and groans for the rear end rubber bushes onspring shackles, shocks, tramp bar etc.I have used: dry graphite spray .. messy eliminates the noises but lasts a short time onlysilicon spray - same story but not as messy ptfe spray made by WD40 - also works for a short time.Given that these bushes are rubber am reluctant to use any petoleum products like WD40 etc50 yeras ago in my TR3 days used to squirt brake fluid all over them that was a sucessful technique.These days am more sensitive about my paint work ... !Is there a particular bush that is the culprit ?Suggestions please.rg