[Healeys] Leaking Rear Hub Flange

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 13:24:51 MDT 2019

Neil--

A paper gasket stops oil leaking from the joint between the inner face of
the axle flange and the outer face of the hub (bearing carrier).
The lip seal stops oil leaking from the hub--that is, beyond the bearing in
the hub and the shiny bearing surface on the end of the axle housing.
So, they can both be a source of an oil leak.  A paper gasket will not cure
a bad lip seal and visa versa.  But a paper gasket is much easier to
replace!
Hope that helps--it is easier to picture than describe....

Best--Michael Oritt