[Healeys] OT: Old Ford tractor acting spastic

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Jun 23 16:04:42 MDT 2019

Final report:

I did some light grading with the tractor today and it ran good. Many
suggested fuel delivery, which was (sort of) the problem; I put 5
gallons of fuel in it and it kept running.  I suspect, with older
vehicles with gravity-feed gas delivery you need a couple gallons in
order to put enough pressure on the lines and carb.  My Honda ATV
started dying at idle--though the plug was fouled--but it started
running OK when I put some more gas in it, which gave me a clue on the
tractor.

Many thanks for all the suggestions; most were 'in the ballpark' with
fuel delivery.

Bob