[Healeys] Speedi sleeve

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 07:23:22 MDT 2019

I have often wondered why they furnish such a short tool.  A trip to the
plumbing aisle of your local hardware store will reveal an assortment of
iron or PVC pipe, connectors and adaptors, one of which will be long enough
to pick up the curved shoulder and seat the seal on the bearing surface.

Before starting to install the sleeve It pays to create a small cut on the
very edge of the shoulder section that must be removed as sometimes it is
difficult to get a small cold chisel, etc. in place to give something to
grab and pull on once the sealing surface is seated.  By having a little
burr you will only need a needle nose pliers to start and pull off the
removable material without damaging either the sleeve or the bearing
surface beneath it.

Best--Michael Oritt

Best