[Healeys] Tire tube valve stem and wheel rim issue?

Tom Morrione tjmorrio at colby.edu
Sat Jun 15 13:07:42 MDT 2019

FWIW -- something to check that I hadn't thought needed checking.

I had a slow leak in a new tire and found that the tube stem had been
rubbed or cut through by the rim. This doesn't happen in normal use --right?

Just wondering whether anyone else has had the edge of the hole on a new
spoke wheel rim (from Moss) cut the valve stem on the tube? (I didn't
install the tube and tire so maybe the installer pulled or wiggled it too
hard?)

I filed the hole so there's a bit of a chamfered edge to it now. Never had
to do that with old  ones I've had (back into the 60s). I saw (can't recall
where) someone sells little push in sleeves for the rim holes.

Thanks in advance,
Tom
65 and 67 BJ8s

PS -- Congrats Ira. I'm sure they miss you already!