[Healeys] Electric Draw

jim ab7vf at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 7 13:33:19 MDT 2019

 Well, not to confuse the issue, but I replaced the OEM battery on a 2011 elantra 10 days ago ...
Installation day off charger new battery was 13.04 volts ..
this am (10:00) after setting 10 days read 12.45 voltsstarted/ran 10 minutes read 14.5 volts while idle
key off  read 13.22 volts2 hours later (12:00) read 12.46 volts ... I can measure more (setting off) if you want

That 14.5 volts at idle "sounds" high to me, as I've usually read around 13.5 volts on an alternator but ....I'm not going to 'fix' it yet
Jim  (colder temperatures read lower voltages ..been 60/70's around here ...)