[Healeys] Rear shock Q

Keith Pennell llennep at verizon.net
Fri Jun 7 09:49:26 MDT 2019

Hello List,
Am planning to replace both rear shocks on late BJ8.  I found a pair in my stash which appear to be new (or possibly rebuilt).  Eureka!!!  Both L and R and painted black.  Both with new shock links attached.  I have had them for many years and there was minor leaking of fluid.  Tightened the 6 screws each about 1/6 turn.
Question:  I am thinking while I have them on the workbench to top off the fluid.  I have two products on hand.  Sta-Lube Hydraulic & Jack Oil with no mention of shock absorbers on the label.  Bel Ray High Performance Fork Oil (20W).  Again no mention of shock absorbers.  Would either of these be satisfactory for topping oil the shock oil level?
Opinions?Keith