[Healeys] alum radiator swap

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Sun Jun 2 09:07:11 MDT 2019

My opinion.
Side  vents help at speeds above app. 70 miles/h for race cars.
Louvers are just a gimmick. help nothing, only cause trouble in rain
(mainly when car is parked somewhere).

Josef Eckert

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [Healeys] alum radiator swap
Datum: 2019-06-02T16:16:51+0200
Von: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell at comcast.net>
An: "healeys at autox.team.net" <healeys at autox.team.net>

While we're (sort of) on topic, what is the List wisdom on the efficacy of
fitting side vents to the front wings (a la rally cars)?  Since,
supposedly, a big part of the issue with Healeys overheating is
insufficient airflow through the engine bay, I'd expect them to help quite
a bit.  Or, or they 'useless' as well, since the main overheating issue is
stopped at idle?
Not sure if the louvers on my 100M help.  It still gets a bit warm stopped
at idle, but not as much as my BJ8 (but I haven't driven the M as much,
smaller engine, etc.).
Bob