[Healeys] Engine mountings

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Sat Jun 1 02:05:41 MDT 2019

My thanks for all the advice. I knew to use tapered punches and even made
another one of "just the right size" so I could wedge it in while attending
to the neighbouring hole(s). Of course, each hole presented more of a
problem than its predecessors and the last one was a holy terror. Only ever
a millimetre or two it, but what millimetres they were. The very last hole
was the most stubborn despite all the other bolts being in and perilously
loose. In the end, my son-in-law did the brute strength and I did the
ignorance. We even had my wife heaving on a fence post at one stage.

Let's hope they stay there. Forever.

Simon