[Healeys] Brake issue

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sun Jul 28 06:39:11 MDT 2019

Go through each component one by one. Start with new brake hoses if they
are still the old fashioned rubber/textile construction. How old are
they by the way? Probably decades so renewal was probably well overdue.
Also flush the entire brake system with fresh brake fluid as there may
be some debris in it somewhere. Try again and if solved it may well have
been collapsed inner wall of one or both of the tubes. If not solved
adjust the rod on the MBC. Still not solved, renew or overhaul the MBC
and adjust the rod.

When rebuilding brake components do NOT use clean brake fluid but the
special brake grease from Até, Girling or equivalent.

Overheating is unlikely as that will generally lead to complete loss of
brakes.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 28-7-2019 om 14:20 schreef Michael Oritt:
> I finally got to take the car out yesterday evening and while all at
> first seemed good after five or so miles of driving the brakes began
> to harden up and became so bad that they almost brought the car to a
> stop even under throttle.  I pulled over and after about 30 minutes
> the brakes released and I crept back home.
>
> At this point I am assuming nothing.  Other than perhaps by feel I
> don't know how one can inspect a brake hose for internal collapse but
> I will go over each component and probably rebuild or replace the MC
> on general principle.  I am also going to replace the heat wrap that
> went around the manifold which I removed when I first adjusted the
> brake actuating rod as perhaps it was preventing the MC from
> overheating, etc.
>
> Egg on my face....
>
> Best--Michael Oritt

---
Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
http://www.avg.com