[Healeys] Torque Setting?

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sun Jul 14 17:27:32 MDT 2019

There is no torque specified for either the front or rear hub nuts in the 3000 workshop manual.  After having some of the rear nuts loosen and cause damage to the stud threads on the rear hubs, I had to replace the studs.  I had the old and replacement studs checked in the Materials Lab at work.  They were equivalent in Rockwell hardness to Grade 8 bolts.  I have noted in my workshop manual that the front studs (BJ8) measured 3/8-24.  Standard torque for a Grade 8 3/8-24 bolt is 49 lb-ft, so that's what I torqued mine to when I changed the front brake rotors.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large