[Healeys] Alternator Is “Hummingybe

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Sun Jul 7 11:49:23 MDT 2019

The Lucas alternators are OK. Not the Lucaslookalikes.

They look vaguely period. Indeed, they are fairly period! And one can get all the bits and bobs for a rebuild if necessary.

I bought one on eBay. A 17ACR.It would work fine for about 5 minutes then my ammeter would go off the clock. But it was cheap to buy  - £16:55 - and very cheap to fix.

They come left or right handed but can be swapped around.

Simon