[Healeys] BJ8 Voltage regulator

Oliver Viitamaki ov at telus.net
Tue Jul 2 10:13:39 MDT 2019

     Thanks Michael, on your suggestion I checked the ground wire on the
regulator, and the resistance to a known good ground, from the 3
regulator mounting screws (yes they isolate the regulator from ground,
but make a ground connection test point) was 0.3 ohms, and the regulator
base/backing plate was 0.4 ohms, to the same known good ground. It
remained that way during and after wiggling the ground wire, on the
grounding point on the regulator, and where the screw connects it to
ground.  So I think this rules out a loose ground. The meter used is a
Fluke 77 series III, so I trust what the meter is reading.

     ov