[Healeys] Oil Cooler?

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 22:29:52 MST 2019

Simon--

I believe the ideal temperature range for oil is between 230 and 250
degrees so perhaps you should take your oil's temperature after a good run
to see if an oil cooler is indicated.  There is such a thing as oil being
too cool as one of the things we want to happen is for oil to get warm
enough--above 212--to cook off any water that may have formed from
condensation.

Without a hole in the shroud I doubt that the oil cooler would do very much
cooling though someone recently posted a picture of a sheet metal "shovel"
that mounts just beneath the shroud to hopefully duct air up to an oil
cooler.

Best--Michael Oritt