[Healeys] Valve clearances

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Mon Jan 14 05:14:17 MST 2019

Thank you everyone for the feedback on valve clearances. Quite eclectic reading.

Consensus seems to be to go with Welch’s 0.015”, cold,  which makes sense.

One of my unspoken queries was as to the physical difference between the result on valves that have been setup hot or cold which Bob has answered below.

Next is to have another go with my Clik-adjust thing. By the time I’ve worked how to use it – I find the instructions a bit glib – I could probably do it the normal way.

Simon