[Healeys] Oil Pressure on a rebuilt engine

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 17:08:21 MST 2019

Robert--

What I did not say in my first post where I suggested loosening the oil
filter is that when it became necessary for me to do that in order to get
the oil pump primed and flowing I suspected that the pump had seen better
days.  I decided to drop the pan and remove the pump to examine the
condition of the gears, which showed considerable wear as well as end
play.  I installed a new pump and oil pressure came up immediately on
startup with a 15-20 psi increase in oil pressure across the board.

Best--Michael Oritt