[Healeys] Valve clearances

rjhco at att.net rjhco at att.net
Sat Jan 12 16:06:01 MST 2019

Valve clearances are not that critical.  A smaller clearance will slightly
lengthen the duration of the cam, while a larger clearance will shorten the
duration.  A larger clearance will also cause the valve opening to
accelerate more quickly, so, the valve train must be up to the stress.

I have run clearances all of the way from .006 to .020, depending on the cam
and the effect, which I want to accomplish.

When in doubt, set to the lash recommended by the cam manufacturer.

Regards,

Jim Hockert