[Healeys] FW: Workshop manuals - Austin and Jaguar

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Sun Jan 6 17:02:15 MST 2019

A friend of mine’s dad had the MG version of the 1300. BRG
.looked nice and
went well. Sadly, said friend and I took it out to a pub one night and
wrecked it on the way home. Actually, we were not at all drunk. It was
absolutely pouring with rain and, driving down a steep lane with banks on
both side, he aquaplaned it quite spectacularly. We spun round and round.
Seemingly, on each revolution, a startled oncoming driver would miraculously
miss us. It was 50% inexperience, 50% stupidity. The devil looks after his
own! I guess we were about 18 yrs old. Dangerous age.

The dad was a Major General and could be quite fierce but he took it
surprisingly well!!

Simon