[Healeys] Lightweight Flywheel

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sat Jan 5 01:19:46 MST 2019

For daily driving a lightened flywheel is nonsense. It does not increase
the engine power, it just improves the response on the throttle a bit
and may show slightly faster acceleration times if driven in anger. It
can also introduce serious transmission wear as the peak loads on the
gears do increase as the pulses generated at every cilinder igniting are
less damped. Acceleration may be marginally quicker, top speed will be
the same. If the car is not used for serious competition a lightweight
flyheel is just costing you money and is of no use.

Kees Oudesluijs