[Healeys] Lightweight Flywheel

Michael Salter michael.salter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 18:43:47 MST 2019

Appreciate your input Bill.
If your grasp the concept of the article you will probably understand that
lightening the flywheel will actually result in less cyclical deformation
of the crankshaft and could conceivably lengthen its life.
The problem however is that the rorational oscillation of the lightened
flywheel and therefore the gearbox input shaft will increase.
The BN1 gearbox is barely up to the job as it is and it is a certainty that
the rate of fatigue of the gear teeth will also increase,
With the stronger "C" series gearbox of the BN2 that does not seem to be a
problem but it is in the BN1.