[Healeys] "too many recipients" delays

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Tue Feb 19 21:42:59 MST 2019

If a messgae to a list has 5 or more addresses in the 'From: ' field it
gets held for my review.  The Feb. 12th message about the Hall of Fame
which I just approved had 5.

The reason for this restriction is that a lot of spam that comes from a
hijacked email address will have a long list of targets. The hijacked
address is on the list, so it passes the membership test.  I did
recently have one such message go through to the NOBBC list, and one to
the datsun-roadsters list, but it is rare they get through.  Guys like
me who just do the lists as a part time thing have trouble keeping up
with all the latest tricks that bad guys have for getting their spam
through the system, but in general you rarely see spam coming through
the Team Net server undetected.  And speaking of the server, the
unofficial fund drive drive for a new one has netted $192.75 from 5
different contributors thus far.  I have yet to receive any paper
checks, so far just Paypal contributions.

And I can say that as of the moment there are no further held messages
for the healeys list in the queue, I have gotten through them all.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

mjb.