[Healeys] Spark plugs renewal

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 6 10:10:27 MST 2019

I run .030 on both Healeys – both cars have sports coils installed, the tri-carb has a Pertronix, the BJ8 a 123 ignition (cleverly installed in a Lucas distributor body).  It’s not so much the ‘switch’ – points or one of the electronic ignitions that should determine the plug gap, but the coil output needed to fire across that gap.  With a standard coil, I would stay at .025 as recommended, regardless if the type of ignition used.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb