[Healeys] Spark plugs renewal

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Feb 4 10:01:47 MST 2019

This is the Healey List, we can leave no cans of worms unopened!

Given that 12,000 miles is probably 10 years or more for most owners,
plugs are probably a 'lifetime' buy.  If your engine runs good, not
unreasonably rich and doesn't burn a lot of oil pull them out, clean and
re-gap them every 5K miles or so.  If they're showing wear--e.g.
'rounding off' of the center electrode and/or erosion of the side
electrode--chuck them and install new.  They are relatively cheap, and
the labor rate is approximately the same.

Here's a shot of 'new' plugs from my BJ8 at 5,200 miles:

Bob