[Healeys] Oil Pressure and replacing the oil pump

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Mon Dec 30 12:03:01 MST 2019

Me too. DW “High Capacity” type pump which is their version of the older “rotor” type pump. It does a good job.

The newer pumps are “Gear” type.

I gathered, from people who know about these things, that the High Capacity is best all round and the Rotor only comes into its own at high revs.

(All of which begs the question as to why BMC switched from one to t’other!)

As to County, don’t know if they’ve attempted an oil pump. Their water pump is an inferior item, for sure. I studied Michaels’ blog on the topic and stripping down both original types and one County absolutely confirms what he says.

Simon