[Healeys] Ford versus Ferrari

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Dec 18 09:16:03 MST 2019

OTOH, the 'Hollywood treatment' broadens the appeal; my girlfriend, who
doesn't have a gearhead strand in her DNA enjoyed the movie (which makes
for a more pleasant after-movie experience).  I also liked that they
made Enzo Ferarri look like a jackass which, from all I've heard, he
was.  I'm sure most of us on this list would prefer a technical
documentary on exactly how the cars were designed, built, tuned and
driven but then you'd have an audience of maybe a couple thousand people.

ps.  I thought the 'clunk' they Foleyed-in for gearchanges didn't sound
realistic, but I've never driven a GT40 so who knows.