[Healeys] 100 front shroud "nose" measurements

S. Carr britfan1 at epix.net
Wed Aug 7 09:28:33 MDT 2019

We’ve finally found a good metal-worker to re-shape the damaged nose of my BN1.  The challenge is to know what the proper shape is!  I have both an original splash apron and a steel repro—identical in shape—which clearly show that the lower right side of the nose was pushed in quite a bit and so the bottom of the front shroud is narrower across than original.  (Now I understand why the car had no splash apron at all when I bought it 23 years ago....)

Of course a template would be ideal, but measurements would be adequate.  Can one or more of you give me the measurements across the front of the nose, as marked in the picture?

I bought a lower nose repair panel from AH Spares (area from about point “A” down) but it doesn’t fit the contour of the original splash apron, and the metal-worker prefers to straighten the original rather than re-shape the replacement panel.  (Anybody want to buy said panel?)

As always, thanks in advance for your help!

Sarah Carr
BN1 in PA