[Healeys] Jamaican

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Wed Aug 7 02:59:42 MDT 2019

I must say, I'd never heard of one before. Looks very pretty and sounds
to have been well and truly sorted. Like the Miura-like style, but I'd
rather have the real thing (Miura) - sorry I know that's anathema here :-)

As for price: It has a decent history, it would appear to have had a lot
of work done by people who really know what they are doing and has a
racing pedigree and is HRDC-registered. It's probably eligible for a lot
of historic events.

That being said a properly sorted Healey of similar vintage is getting
to be quite expensive over here:

https://rawlesmotorsport.co.uk/CarSales/austin-healey-3000-mkii-bn7-centre-change-2/

Conclusion: It's over-priced but possibly not by that much. I would
guess by about £10k. What distinguishes it is what has been done to it
and it's proven performance and competitiveness.

The other thing of course is that if you are going to race it, you'd
better have enough spare cash to be able to rebuild whatever you break!

As a matter of interest would the Mk1 register accept it? or for that
matter AHCUK HDI?

Peter

--

Dr. Peter Dzwig