[Healeys] Lucas Sports Coil

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Sun Apr 28 09:21:22 MDT 2019

Perhaps these early coils have a different resistance. I have never checked
that. LUCAS LA12 coils should have a resistance around 3 Ohms.

Josef Eckert
GERMANY

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: Lucas Sports Coil
Datum: 2019-04-28T16:26:40+0200
Von: "Michael Salter" <michael.salter at gmail.com>
An: "josef-eckert at t-online.de" <josef-eckert at t-online.de>

Regarding the coil resistance
I pulled out my Fluke meter and got exactly the same results....  these are
B12 coils used on the early BN1 and many other cars including the Jaguar
XK120.
[image.png]

Turns out that primary resistance between 4.2 and 4.6 is actually correct
for these, unlike the later styles.

You learn something every day..

On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 8:56 AM Michael Salter <michael.salter at gmail.com