[Healeys] Thermostats

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Sep 17 08:53:21 MDT 2018

7 Psi should be more than enough on these old engines. Water pump seal
may fail (as mentioned), so may the hoses and the original style
radiator if you operate under a higher pressure. Modern cars can take
much higher pressures of  20Psi or more. If your cooling system is up to
scratch there should not be a problem. i.e. clean system, radiator with
enough capacity, thermostatically controlled electric fan to keep things
under control in dense traffic and hot weather. The electric fan may not
be original but when these cars were new traffic conditions were not as
demanding as in these days. It just keeps you out of trouble at very
little costs and a bit of ingenuity (breakers yard).

Kees Oudesluijs