[Healeys] Lucas electronic voltage regulator

Michael Salter michael.salter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 06:20:31 MDT 2018

That's your decision but I  just purchased 2 from dynamoconversions.com and
can report that they are very well engineered and were considerably less
than what you are looking at.
My reason for going electronic is that I'm using an Li Fe battery:
http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/2015/09/14/lucas-17l-tar-top-battery-solution/

which was quite expensive and is easily damaged/destroyed by over charging.
Despite many, many adjustments I have found that the mechanical regulators
are just too inaccurate and the output voltage varies substantially with
temperature.
The electronic regulators have an absolute maximum output of 14.2 VDC which
happens to be exactly the maximum that the Li Fe batteries can handle.