[Healeys] BJ8 at RM Hershey auction

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Mon Oct 15 04:54:09 MDT 2018

"Champagne" was not an original color, but Metallic Golden Beige was.  It seems that some high-dollar restorers are very partial to gold on BJ8s and it has become the new "Re-sale Red".
This car has a replacement VIN plate that is rather crudely stamped.  I've seen beautifully restored BJ8s that turn out to have replacement VIN plates, body plates from other cars, engines from a second, and a third number stamped on the shock tower.  Just because they are beautiful doesn't guarantee their integrity.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large