[Healeys] Fuel pumps (AGAIN!)

Reinhart Rosner reinhart.rosner at aon.at
Fri Nov 30 03:42:44 MST 2018

Kees,

You tell us that „ failures are .. often due to .. the people, owners or mechanics, who maintain the cars (and thus pumps).”

Well I am one of those.

I bought my 100 in 1998 and the only problems that occurred with the fuel pump were when the car still was in the hands of the past owner. It just didn’t start when I inspected the car for the first time. So we postponed the buying, he got the problem sorted out and I didn’t have further problems with the pump itself. Some days ago there was a problem with the connection of the electric wire outside the pump, which just had to be screwed on again – so this was solved.

Now I got the pump in the car and an extra one that was used already and that I bought rather cheap. The Healey gets driven app. 2.500 km per year. Car and extra pump are stored in a garage kept at 50 % humidity. Apart from cleaning the points and putting acid free paper in on the spare pump, what are your suggestions on service and storage of the pump in the car and the spare?

Reinhart

Reinhart Rosner

55 100 BN 1

Vienna – Austria