[Healeys] bolt identification - another article

Mirek Sharp m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 24 15:57:32 MST 2018

Curt – is there such a thing as a thread gauge for BA threads?  I think not as the TPI on a BA fastener is truly weird.

Despite having a few thread gauges, taps and dies for most BSW, BSF, CEI, NHF, UNC, some BA and some BSPP, and a number of references, I still occasionally get a stumper that does not fit anything.  BTW, if anyone is contemplating buying taps and dies, I highly recommend Tracy Tools in the UK.  They sell a range of qualities, all at good prices and provide very fast turn-around. https://www.tracytools.com/  I have no personal interest in them excepting seeing good people rewarded with business.

Mirek