[Healeys] Tapping SUs for air filters.

Peter & Veronica greylinn at ozemail.com.au
Thu Nov 22 15:14:56 MST 2018

...you’re really not going to do any harm tapping the mounting holes. Just use the smallest diameter that you can to thread the existing holes. The alloy is no softer than eg an aluminium sump as per MG T type, which have tapped holes where the bolts do have to be done up tightly. And you’re not (I assume) going to be taking the filters on and off every 5 minutes! I think the reduction in aggravation when you do have to remove them is well worth it!

Cheers

Peter Linn
Brisbane Oz

Austin Healey 100 V6