[Healeys] Tapping SUs for air filters.

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Thu Nov 22 10:20:54 MST 2018

I had a car with SUs that were tapped for the air filter bolts, it was a long time ago so don't remember which.  I do remember it was very easy to strip the aluminum housings.  If you do all your own work and can remember to use a gentle hand when tightening on the air filters (which you should anyway, but things don't always go according to plan) you should be ok.  I guess if you strip one you could always heli-coil it.  I am not one for over engineering or extra cost or work, but if I we're going through the trouble to set this up I would use an durable insert like a heli-coil.

Happy Turkey Day

Greg Lemon