[Healeys] How to keep the door open

Warren flyhihealey at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 03:28:18 MST 2018

 Just went through this. For the ?nth time over my 51 year ownership. Michael Salter’s idea of the turnbuckle threads and taller nuts to grab more threads worked very well. New wood discs. It too finally stripped and I
chased the threads and tried a new nut but the threads would not hold. Would not bite low enough on good threads.
 Time to just buy a new check system($70 +\-). I already have 2 sets of these(also non workable) things from donor doors. I must say the passenger door works just fine. Always the driver door, for obvious reason, is problematic. One more try before I pulled out the credit card. Found a thin cork washer, half the thickness of the wood one and similar diameter, and it allowed the new nut to just grab those few good threads at the bottom. It worked! At least for now?

WD  67BJ8

Sent from Mail for Windows 10